Monday, May 27, 2013

Repost: My kid's social life is better than mine

I've contributed to the Orlando Sentinel's Moms at Work blog since 2010. The blog is changing content management systems and my old posts will no longer be available to the public, so I'm reposting them here, in the order that they were originally posted.


Oct. 12, 2011

When did my child become a social butterfly?

It occurred to me recently that my toddler has more upcoming social engagements in the next six weeks than both of her parents combined. From birthday parties to Halloween shindigs to child-centered theatrical productions, she'll be on the go for the next several weekends (with the assistance and driving skills of her parents, of course).

That shouldn't be possible for a kid her age, and yet it is. I guess I should be pleased that people are inviting her places, especially since these various events are excellent occasions to test the social niceties she's learning at home and school.

Still, I'm exhausted already thinking about taking her hither and yon on days when I'd prefer to be curled up on my sofa with my Kindle.

I'll take it one day at a time -- oh, and my husband and I will work on getting out more often for ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment