Saturday, April 6, 2013

Repost: Keeping the kids' art projects from taking over the house

I've contributed to the Orlando Sentinel's Moms at Work blog since 2010. The blog is changing content management systems and my old posts will no longer be available to the public, so I'm reposting them here, in the order that they were originally posted.

Enjoy.



Feb. 2, 2011

This week, my daughter's cubby at daycare held a little surprise: her first "school" art project.

I'm keeping this first one, but I haven't made a decision about what to do with the hundreds likely to follow. Should I keep a physical file of all or some of them? Scan them to keep in some digitized fashion?

It turns out that I'm not alone. In a New York Times story about children's artwork, several parents described how they ruthlessly curate their kids' drawings and paintings -- sometimes even throwing the pictures away in front of the kids.

How do you decide which art projects to keep and which ones to "disappear"?

No comments:

Post a Comment