Friday, June 14, 2013

Repost: Model walks runway while pregnant

I've contributed to the Orlando Sentinel's Moms at Work blog since 2010. The blog is changing content management systems and my old posts will no longer be available to the public, so I'm reposting them here, in the order that they were originally posted.


Jan. 25, 2012

Did you look great during your pregnancy?

I didn't. I was not one of those women for whom pregnancy provided an almost supernatural glow that enhanced my looks. In fact, in the first couple of months of my pregnancy, before I revealed that I was expecting, several people -- strangers and co-workers alike -- told me I didn't look well and asked whether I was ill. Photos taken throughout my pregnancy also reveal that I didn't look good during that time.

I am, as you can imagine, amazed by women who look good while pregnant, so I was fascinated by the pictures of model Alessandra Ambrosio walking the runway in Brazil while five months pregnant.

It even turns out that Ambrosio, who is best known for modeling for Victoria's Secret, walked the runway for the lingerie retailer's famous televised show at the beginning of her second trimester.

Were you at your best during pregnancy, or were you surprised by how it affected your looks?

No comments:

Post a Comment